Sunday, August 3, 2008


From the ASpiRE! Blog:

You Are Invited ...
Duality, Inc. is kicking off the simultaneous release of ShopLine (our new shopping resource) and the relaunch of Aspire Magazine with a "white party" on Aspire Isle this Saturday, August 2nd at 7:00 pm SLT. These are exciting times for Duality, Inc! Put on your finest white fashions, grab a friend and help us celebrate!

Party-goers will receive the free ShopLine HUD (a tool that will completely revolutionize the way you shop in Second Life), a copy of Aspire Magazine Issue 1, many generous complimentary gifts from the diverse and talented designers housed on Aspire Isle - and be eligible for a wide variety of prizes to be given away throughout the evening.

See you on Saturday!

Ofelia Laval - Associate Editor, Aspire Magazine
(on behalf of Duality, Inc. Management)



Being a new ASpiRE! fangirl, I had to go to the event (and drag my partner along)! Thankfully, RL was slow enough Saturday evening for both of us that we were able to swing down to Aspire Island for their 'white party'.



Ran into a crisis that almost kept us from going: I didn't have anything white! I mean, yeah, I had silver and cream, but nothing white-white! (Of course, now I realize I'm a big boob, as I had previously bought a new caLLie cLine cruise line set, but the sweet Ms. Cline didn't notice her transactions or was saving my face. XD ) Anyways, I was feeling really down, and then I got a notice through the CAL GAL group that the party was still going, people could actually still get in, and their were complimentary gifts. Sentrosi then encouraged me to go pick up something, and further indulged me by going over to Nicky Ree. I gleefully picked up the Lady Aurora in ivory white, then dressed him in the black and white Lord Darcy set. And for those absolutely curious, yes, their will probably be some Austen-ness afoot in Sordoh. Lathering on the rest of the white, we then teleported over.



Ashia Tomsen of the Free*Style blog (and probably a few other important things) was the first to greet us and make us oddballs feel welcome. Got to love a lady in goat boots. She got us all animated into the dance and was very cool the whole evening.



Other big names included the lovely Callie Cline, who showered love and gifts upon the Cal Gals in attendance; the talented Sheltered Heart of House of Heart and Bewitched Hair; Bianca Darling, one of the original founders of ASpiRE! (with Trina Noland, who created SL Go-See); and of course Ofelia Laval, the associate editor of the relaunched publication.



Sentrosi and I, naturally, were little hams and cracked jokes, starting off with Sentrosi dressing in his Casa del Shay tighty-whities instead of the full suit. It was all downhill from there.



I'm not exactly sure who the DJ was, and the music wasn't exactly my taste, but I made sure to tip him a little bit for his hard work. I'm sure Duality made a fine selection, and everyone seemed to be really enjoying themselves, especially with the 'stick it to the pimp' song.



Of course, taking pictures with high resolution and even just having access to the play button can cause me to crash... and I did. So, I came back and quite a few people were Ruthed (I haven't updated to the new viewer yet, and I don't plan on it any time soon).



Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves. I know I have to shoot my outfit in the future, as it was really stunning in my eyes. Inspired by Aspire, I guess. :P



I'd say the only detracting factor was that I had to pause on a hair quest to come over... which isn't the worst thing in the world.



The evening turned into a glorious night for us, for not only did we get to let loose socially, have a reason to buy amazing outfits and grab some swag, but we got our new terraform raw-file in place! The glee factor was just more than I can describe.

Now, if only I can catch up on the sleep I missed because I've been overloaded with happy-juice. :P

No comments: