Sunday, February 3, 2008

Conjuring a Chino Contest - February's Wicked Blog Contest

Ok, so I'm a nut for Chino Yray's blog. In fact, I'm bad about not sharing the link with others so I won't have competition for the weekly Top Commentator spot, and I've gotten into a 'commenting battle' before. But whatever- this isn't about my etiquette.

Well, actually...

Chino posed the following in his entry Thinking of a contest for February - Wicked Blog Contest:

Maybe because of my recent sickness, I can’t really think straight or get any idea for a unique contest this month. So instead, I’ll let you guys think of a good contest for me and make it a contest too.

What the hell Chino! What do you mean?

It just simply means that February’s Wicked Blog contest is suggest a good contest for my blog and the contest I will choose will be the winner. How’s that? You write a suggestion in your blog, contact me and send the link to your blog post.


So, after the kick-off post focusing on a severe form of rudeness (theft), and with some of the muck being stirred up now that the holidays are over (not to mention the politicians getting into swing for elections!), I think a great contest would be sharing stories of politeness in Second Life, and Chino could pick out his favorite. These could relate to incidents we've had or recount those of our friends, focus on going our of our way for others or seeing karma come around. By example, Green's told me about a friend of hers who, after being given some weapons to review for a magazine article, returned the guns back to the creator. Granted, her friend could have just kept them, but without a second thought, acted upon manners.

It can't hurt to promote positivity, can it?

No comments: